Nextt Support Workers Get More Out of Life!
Nextt is a leading provider of programs that support people with autism, cognitive disabilities, acquired brain injury, psycho social and physical disabilities. Our workforce is a diverse and talented team of dedicated professionals who support each other to deliver services focusing on individuals with complex behavioural challenges as well as physical, intellectual disabilities and mental illness.
Nextt participants Get More Out of Life!
Nextt is experiencing a period of strong growth, currently in and around Western, Southern Suburbs. Nextt is an organisation that diligently works to match participants thoughtfully with workers who will understand their goals and support them to reach each milestone.
Nextt recruitment focus is to strengthen our team of experienced workers in supporting our clients to build on their abilities, maintain independence and achieve their milestones as part of daily life; our participants live with varying conditions including complex autism, behaviourial challenges as well as physical disabilities. Services and programs are designed and monitored by behavioural specialists with ongoing training to enable satisfaction and accomplishment in a safe work environment. If you are interested in becoming part of a collaborative team where ideas are shared to achieve the best results, this may be for you.
We are seeking Support Workers experienced in high need with complex behaviour. If you are caring and committed to assisting clients in and around the Western & Southern suburbs of Adelaide. The services will vary from personal care which can include showering, toileting, bowel and catheter, stoma care, peg feed as well has domestic assistance, meal preparation, community activities and transportation.
- Cert. 3, 4 or higher in Individual Support (disability) and/or studying relevant Bachelor degree
- Current Police Check, DHS Disability, Working with Children's Check & First Aid/CPR
- Valid Australian drivers licence and own car
- Experienced with Peg feed/Catheter/Stoma Care
- Reliable and punctual with clear English speaking & written skills
- Demonstrated ability to clearly & effectively communicate with a variety of clients and workers
- Experience in personal care and working with people with a disability
- Experience working with clients with mental health conditions, challenging behaviours
- Reliable mobile with internet access
- The right to work within Australia
The hours of work and services will vary according to client need. Both long and short shifts which includes weekday, evening and weekend shifts with potential overnight hours. We offer ongoing casual work with a variety of different shifts. As we provide services within participants homes and in supported accommodation the hours of work will vary and may include weekday,evening, weekend shifts as well as passive overnight hours. Penalty rates apply on weekends, Public Holidays and after 8 pm.
- Maturity and the strength to put personal emotions aside whilst supporting clients
- Adaptable with a responsive commitment to work with process, guidelines & instructions
- Flexible with working hours across the week
Since we aim to match you with the participants you will work best with we are interested in you as an individual as well as the skills and experiences on your resume. So, if you are a lover of crafts, cooking, sport, music, a gardener a homemaker or all of those things, your personal skills, as well as your relative work experience are highly valued.
If you have experience working with challenging behaviour, are an excellent communicator, both verbal and written and believe you would thrive being part of a professional and committed group where respect and consideration fosters positive results for both support workers and participants, we'd love to hear from you.
If you believe you truly have the passion and commitment to join us underpinned by relevant experience, clear communication and a professional, proactive approach to your work, please send your resume with a brief cover letter to tell us about you, the individual as well as your skills, talents and aspirations.
Please APPLY NOW!
The Nextt Group of Companies values diversity and is an equal opportunity Employer