Nextt is a leading provider of programs and supports for people with autism, cognitive disabilities, mental health and dementia.
Our expert team of carers are able to offer comprehensive disability services in Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia and, with 50 years of care experience, we have become a critical part of the community for many people over many years.
We now have multiple positions available for experienced disability/ Mental health support workers Cleveland.
Ideally you will have to have experience working with people experiencing intellectual or cognitive disability, who may exhibit challenging behaviors.
Experience and knowledge of Trauma informed practice will be highly regarded
You will be supporting clients to achieve their goals. As part of this role you will have a variety of shifts that include self care support, personal care, domestic assistance, transport assistance, community access, and respite.
Collaboration and a creative approach are encouraged so that participants reach their goals and workers have the opportunity to contribute to the development of programs.
Skill and capacity building is the focus of the work. Some participants just need some support to gain independence and move closer to their dreams. The participant group includes all ages and circumstances so new workers can grow and learn.
The hours of work vary and include weekday shifts, evening and weekend shifts as well as overnight hours. Penalty rates apply on weekends, Public Holidays and after 8pm. This is an opportunity to work with other professionals, learn and advance your career.
- A minimum of Certificate 3 individually support, or related community services based qualification or currently studying towards this
- Current First Aid & CPR Certificate, or willing to obtain
- Clear National Police check issued within the last 12 months
- Blue and Yellow Card, or willing to obtain
- Valid Australian drivers licence and reliable transport
- Passion and commitment to provide services for those with a disability or mental illness
- Mobile phone with internet access
- The right to work in Australia
If you meet the above criteria, please APPLY NOW!
The Nextt Group of Companies values diversity and is an equal opportunity Employer