Nextt Health is a dynamic and fast-growing organisation at the forefront of the provision of support to a range of people in the community with a disability that are seeking to improve their quality of life, personal well-being and social inclusion.
Owing to continued growth we are looking for an experienced Accommodation Manager to join our business in Ballarat.
About the Role:
Nextt currently supports several NDIS participants in supported independent living (SIL) houses in the Ballarat region. Due to organisational growth, we are about to commence supports for several more SIL houses. For this reason, we are seeking an Accommodation Manager.
The major role of the Accommodation Manager will be to provide a centralised point of contact for our House Leaders in our current SIL arrangements. The Accommodation Manager will also provide leadership and management to the House Leaders and Support Workers within the Nextt SIL houses.
We look for people who have a sincere passion for social inclusion and supporting people gain access to all aspects of their local community. If you share our passion and values and are Principled, Committed, Responsive and Creative then this may be the role you have been looking for.
Are you the kind of person who....
- Lives the principles of person-centered approach & understands that participant choice & control in all aspects of their lives is the primary consideration when offering supports to assist them in meeting their goals
- Understands the importance of maintaining professional boundaries & confidentiality, can balance dignity of risk with duty of care & is committed to workplace safety & self care
- Enjoys working collaboratively and sharing ideas to achieve the best results
- Builds rapport with people from all walks of life and is a great communicator
- Thinks outside the square for creative solutions to complex problems
- Can confidently manage priorities & the varied support needs of NDIS participants
- Has either professional or lived experience with people with autism spectrum disorder, cognitive disabilities, acquired brain injuries or complex mental health needs
As the overarching manager for the Nextt Ballarat SIL houses, you will be responsible for ensuring:
- Each house is compliant with relevant legislative requirements and actively pursue continuous quality improvement
- Liaise regularly with Support Coordinators, Allied Health Professionals, Funding Bodies and Medical Services as required to ensure the ongoing success of the participants within Nextt SIL houses
- Mentor, support and performance manage all staff within the Nextt SIL houses to create a well trained, cohesive and specialised disability support worker team
- Regular consultation with the Regional Service Delivery Manager to support the ongoing development and improvement of the SIL housing teams
- Ensure that all Nextt SIL participants receive person centered support
- Regularly review SIL activities to ensure that the goals specified in each participants NDIS plan are relative and being positively incorporated
Essential Role Requirements:
- Diploma or Degree in a Disability related field
- Significant experience working in Disability Services
- Experience in managing staff
- Experience working with and understanding NDIS plans and achieving plan goals
- Excellent time management and the ability to manage competing priorities
- Completion of the required probity checks including but not limited to police check, working with children and Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme.
Desirable Role Requirements:
- Experience working with participants with psycho-social or dual diagnosis
- Experience working with participants who display behaviours of concern
- Working knowledge of Carelink
- Well developed rostering and staff allocation skills
- Succinct report writing skills
If this sounds good to you, please apply via this advertisement with a cover letter and resume outlining your skills and experience.
To find out more, please don't hesitate to contact Emily Chatham-People & Culture Business Partner on 03 5303 0409 for a confidential discussion.
Interviews will be held as applications are received.