Lizard Children's Centre, a wholly owned subsidiary of AAA Nextt Group Pty Ltd, is one of Australia's leading providers of evidence-based intervention for young children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and related developmental delays. Currently there is an exciting opportunity for a part-time Senior Behaviour Therapist in our centre in Lane Cove West, Sydney.
If you have around two years' experience delivering ABA programs to young children with Autism Spectrum Disorder and have a relevant degree we would love to hear from you!
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our team of committed ABA professionals working in a dynamic Children’s Centre with a leading industry reputation.
The Senior Behaviour Therapist is an integral part of the clinical team and provides high quality ABA therapy to children via weekly in-centre sessions. In this role you will be closely working together with the Program Supervisor and you are responsible for alerting the Program Supervisor to anomalies in the program, including mastered or slow moving targets. You will also assist in the start up process by continuing the assessment commenced at the initial consultation. Weekly, you will see your own clients and you will also be asked to carry out sessions with other clients, which will broaden your skill levels. Furthermore, you play an important part in the success rate of our client’s program as one of the main duties is training our new Lizard Behaviour Therapists.
As Senior Behaviour Therapist you develop and maintain a positive and supportive relationship with the client's family and you do so in a manner that promotes the family's overall relationship with the Centre and with their Program Supervisor. Furthermore it is expected that as Senior Behaviour Therapist you demonstrate a strong, enthusiastic commitment to the mission, demonstrate good teamwork and maintain a positive relationship with co-workers.
The successful candidate has:
- A Bachelor's degree in, preferably, Psychology or Education
- Hands-on experience delivering ABA programs to young children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (0-6 years)
- A passion for working with Kids and excellent play skills!
- Experience using discrete trial instruction, incidental teaching, and task analysis to teach new skills
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot programs
- Ability to read curriculum sheets and record accurate data
- Ability to take on feedback and incorporate into job performance
- Professional communication skills and ability to deliver feedback
- A willingness and desire to learn and develop
- A sense of humour is paramount!
Why Work for Lizard?
- The rewarding experience of changing the lives of children and their families
- The opportunity to work as part of a dynamic team of like-minded professionals, including BCBAs and SLPs
- Career development in the field of Applied Behaviour Analysis
- The ability to further develop yourself by participating in monthly professional development workshops
- Opportunity to complete supervised independent fieldwork and/or receive BCBA/BCaBA/RBT supervision
- Opportunities to earn CEUs at no cost
- Opportunity to grow within our company and build a career
Please fill in your details below if you would like to apply for this exciting opportunity! For further information, please contact Jenny Cantwell in our People and Culture team on 02 8565 8737 or at firstname.lastname@example.org