Lizard Children's Centre, a wholly owned subsidiary of AAA Nextt Group Pty Ltd., is one of Australia's leading providers of evidence-based intervention for young children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and related developmental delays. Currently there is an exciting opportunity for a Program Supervisor in our centre in Melbourne.
If you have clinical experience in supervision/management of intensive home and centre based ABA programs for children with autism and have a BCBA, BCaBA or substantially advanced towards these qualifications, we would love to hear from you!
As Program Supervisor you have sound knowledge of typical child and young adult development. You also possess good communication skills and the ability to work with a team, relate professionally and supportively with families. Experience in a variety of different facilities is an advantage.
In this role you will be responsible for conducting all clinical aspects of a child's / young person's program from the initial consultation until the client finishes Lizard's services. This includes conducting the initial consultation, compiling the assessment results, writing progress reports, training families in behaviour management and other necessary skills and managing the performance of in home Behaviour Therapists through clinic meetings, video review or real time remote observation. It is the Program Supervisor's role to maintain high levels of skill acquisition in the program by monitoring and problem solving difficulties.
In this role you will also liaise with external agencies including childcare and schools, health and allied health professionals and develop and maintain a positive and supportive relationship with the client's family throughout the family's time at Lizard. This role may be supported by a Senior Behaviour Therapist.
The successful candidate has:
- A Masters degree in Psychology, Education, or Applied Behaviour Analysis and certification as a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst (or working toward certification)
- A passion to work with kids and/or young adults
- Hands-on experience delivering and supervising ABA programs for children and young adults with ASD
- Ability to conduct behaviour analytic assessments, including the VB MAPP and ABLLS
- Ability to design and implement behaviour analytic teaching procedures, including discrete trial instruction, incidental teaching, and task analysis. Additional experience with multiple exemplar instruction and precision teaching is a plus!
- Ability to conduct functional assessments and design function-based behaviour support plans
- Experience working with and supporting family as team members
- Ability to work within a team environment and adhere to professional conduct standards
- Strong communication skills, particularly with family and ABA therapists
- A willingness and desire to learn and develop
- High level of autonomy and organisational skills
- A sense of humour is paramount!
Why Work for Lizard?
- The rewarding experience of changing the lives of children and their families
- The opportunity to work as part of a dynamic team of like-minded professionals
- Career development in the field of Applied Behaviour Analysis
- The ability to develop your skills by participating in monthly professional development workshops
- Opportunity to complete supervised independent fieldwork and/or receive BCBA/BCaBA supervision
- Opportunities to earn CEUs at no cost
- Opportunity to grow within our company and build a career
To apply for this exciting position, please leave your details below!
For further information, please contact Ms Bhumika Joseph in our People and Culture team at email@example.com or on 03 9829 9142.