Lizard Children's Centre, Australia's best known and respected early intervention ABA service provider and a wholly owned subsidiary of AAA Nextt Group Pty Ltd, is seeking a full time Senior Behaviour Therapist to work in their centre in Camberwell, Melbourne. If you have a relevant degree and at least two years' experience delivering ABA programs to young children with Autism Spectrum Disorder, we would love to hear from you!
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team of committed ABA professionals working in a dynamic environment with a leading industry reputation.
The Senior Behaviour Therapist is an integral part of the clinical team who, working in cooperation with the Program Supervisor, provides high quality ABA therapy to children via weekly in-centre sessions. In this role you will be responsible for alerting the Program Supervisor to anomalies in the program, including mastered or slow moving targets and assist in the start up process by continuing the assessment commenced at the initial consultation. You will see your own clients weekly but will also be asked to carry out sessions with other clients. One of the main duties of the Senior Behaviour Therapist is involvement in training new Behaviour Therapists.
The Senior Behaviour Therapist develops and maintains a positive and supportive relationship with the client's family and does so in a manner that promotes the family's overall relationship with the Centre and with their Program Supervisor. The Senior Behaviour Therapist is expected to demonstrate a strong, enthusiastic commitment to the mission and to demonstrate good teamwork and maintain a positive relationship with co-workers.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Hands-on experience delivering ABA programs to young children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (0-6 years)
- A Bachelor's degree in psychology or education preferred
- Excellent ability to play with kids and identify and use reinforcement
- Experience using discrete trial instruction, incidental teaching, and task analysis to teach new skills
- Ability to read curriculum sheets
- Ability to record accurate data
- Ability to take on feedback and incorporate into job performance
- Ability to work within a team environment and adhere to professional conduct standards
- Professional communication skills and ability to deliver session feedback to parents
- Professional communication with program supervisors and directors
- A willingness and desire to learn and develop in the role
- Must love kids
Why Work for Lizard?
- The opportunity to work as part of a dynamic team of like-minded professionals, including BCBAs and SLPs
- Career development in the field of Applied Behaviour Analysis
- The ability to participate in monthly professional development workshops
- Opportunity to complete supervised independent fieldwork and/or receive BCBA/BCaBA/RBT supervision
- Opportunities to earn CEUs at no cost
- Opportunity to grow within our company and build a career
- Accrue up to 20 days of PTO a year
- The rewarding experience of changing the lives of children and their families
The successful candidate will be required to have a Working With Children Check (Employee), satisfactory National Police Check with no disclosable outcomes and current first aid and CPR certificate.
If this sounds like the role for you, then please click on the apply now button or contact Ms Bhumika Joseph, People and Culture Manager on 03 9829 9142 for further information.