Nextt has positions available for Disability Support Workers who is well experienced in Autism, Mental Health, Challenging behaviors and Intellectual Disability to support our clients around Glen Iris, Ivanhoe and Sydenham in Melbourne.
Nextt is a continuously growing leading provider of programs and supports for people with autism, cognitive disabilities, mental health and dementia. Our expert team of carers are able to offer comprehensive disability services in NSW, Victoria, Queensland and South Australia. And, with 50 years of care experience, we have become a critical part of the community for many people over many years.
Nextt offers variety and choice with shifts that include self care support, domestic assistance, transport assistance, community access, and respite. Collaboration and a creative approach are encouraged so that participants reach their goals and workers have the opportunity to contribute to the development of programs.
Skill and capacity building is the focus of the work. Some participants just need some support to gain independence and move closer to their dreams. The participant group includes all ages and circumstances so new workers can grow and learn. Some programs support young people transitioning from school to work as well as children and older people on the autism spectrum.
The hours of work vary and include weekday shifts, evening and weekend shifts as well as overnight hours. Penalty rates apply on weekends, Public Holidays and after 8 pm. This is an opportunity to work with other professionals, learn and advance your career.
- Experience working in a similar role
- Cert IV in Disability or relevant to Disability and Mental Health
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Clear National Police check issued within the last 12 months
- Working with Children Check
- Valid Australian drivers licence and reliable transport
- Experience in Autism Spectrum Disorder, Skill Disability Support, Oppositional defiant disorder and Behaviour of Concern is favourable
- Passion and commitment to provide services for those with a disability or mental illness
- Mobile phone with internet access
- The right to work in Australia
Only those applicants whose application matches the criteria of the position will be called for an interview.
Want to know more? Contact our People and Culture officer Mounika Madadi at firstname.lastname@example.org