Nextt is a dynamic Organisation providing exceptional quality care and support services to a large number of Clients located across Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia.
We have an exciting opportunity for a qualified Therapy Assistant who has a passion for providing excellent care to work with our clients in the Newcastle/Hunter Region. As this role requires travel to the homes of our clients, you will need to live and be familiar with the local area.
As we provide training and ongoing supervision by allied health professionals we are looking for someone whose passions lie with helping others. This role is suited well to qualified Disability Support Workers seeking to expand their skills or students currently studying an Health or Allied Health discipline
This is an exciting opportunity to join our committed team to assist school aged children and young adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder, Developmental delays or intellectual disabilities, to build functional living, community participation and communication skills by supporting them both in the home and in the community.
- Support clients with intellectual disabilities (Clients are Males, ages 6 to 14)
- Implement a functional skill building program under the supervision of an Allied Health Professional
- Building communication and community participation skills
- Recording data
- Providing behavior support
- Located in Singleton area
The Ideal Applicant:
- Patient, mature and reliable
- Professional commitment to providing exceptional care
- Strong personality
- Energetic and interest in being outdoors
- Experience with non-violent crisis intervention
- Available after school hours preferred
- Experience as a School Learning Support Officer (SLSO)/Special Needs Teacher
- Completed/Working towards Health/Allied Health/Education discipline at University
- Certificate III/IV Disability
- Experience in working with children and/or young adults with special needs
- Current Working with Children Check
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Clear National Police Check issued within the last 12 months
- Australian driver's licence, reliable registered vehicle with insurance and confident navigation skills highly desirable
- Mobile Smart phone and internet access
To apply for this role, please click on the relevant link below. Alternatively please send your cover letter and resume through to email@example.com
The Nextt Group of Companies values diversity and is an equal opportunity Employer.