The Nextt Group is one of the largest privately owned providers of Disability, Mental Health, Aged and Children’s Autism Therapy support services in Australia. We are extremely passionate about delivering excellent quality services that are consumer focused and directed – we help clients get more out of life.
We have a challenging opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic training professional to source, develop and roll-out skills-based programs across our diverse national workforce.
About the role…
Reporting to the General Manager, People and Culture, this role will cover a broad range of activities focused on developing and engaging our field-based casual Disability Support Workers, including:
- Completion of a training needs analysis;
- Development of a competency and capacity framework;
- Identifying and developing relevant learning modules;
- Improving the induction process;
- Where required, delivering learning sessions
While the primary need is in supporting our field-based employees, the role will also address development needs of line management staff.
You are ideally someone who has experience and exposure to the Mental Health, the Disability sector (NDIS) and/or Community Service, and can bring insights and knowledge of the development of the skills required by Support Workers in serving clients with complex behaviours.
You will be must be able to work productively at a fast pace, have a strong consultative style, and produce quality outcomes. Additionally, it would be an advantage to have / be:
- Tertiary qualifications in the learning / Human Resources or related disciplines (minimum Cert IV in Training and Assessment);
- Used to working in challenging and ambiguous environments;
- Exceptional interpersonal, coaching, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong internal customer focus
- Excellent IT competence, and attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously as well as cooperatively as part of a team
- Be part of an organisation that makes a difference
- Great location in ‘trendy’ Chippendale with a great team
- Benefits package
Please tell us why you are the best person to take up this opportunity - email: email@example.com. If you have initial enquires call Trevor Gage on 02 8736 7213.