Nextt has positions available for well experienced Mental Health Support Workers for our participants for regular ongoing shifts close to South Eastern Suburbs.
Nextt is a leading provider of programs that support people with autism, cognitive disabilities and acquired brain injury. Our workforce is a diverse and talented team of dedicated workers who support each other to deliver services focusing on skill and capacity building and a joyful journey towards the goals and dreams of participants.
Why Work with Nextt?
- Regular ongoing work with participants to match your skills and interests
- A supportive and professional team
- A healthy work life balance
- New opportunities and experiences to progress your career
- Excellent pay rates, including penalties and fortnightly pay
You will support a group of participants to achieve their dreams and goals. There is an emphasis on Skill and Capacity Building to encourage independence and confidence. Shifts include;
- Skills of daily living such as self care
- Practical life skills such as organizing a home and a budget
- Learning to use technology
- Supporting fitness and manual skills
- Developing skills for independence such as travel training
- Community assess to provide experiences to improve social skills and confidence
Collaboration and a creative approach are encouraged so that participants reach their goals and workers have the opportunity to contribute to the development of programs.. The participant group includes all ages and circumstances so new workers can grow and learn.
The hours of work vary and include weekday shifts, evening and weekend shifts as well as overnight hours. Penalty rates apply on weekends, Public Holidays and after 8 pm. This is an opportunity to work with other professionals, learn and advance your career.
- A minimum of Cert IV in Mental Health or Community access
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificate
- Experience in Complex Mental Health, Social anxiety, Down syndrome, Autism, Challenging behaviours, Mental Health Disorders and Attention Deficit Disorder is favourable
- Clear National Police check issued within the last 12 months
- Working with Children Check
- Valid Full Australian drivers licence and reliable transport
- Passion and commitment to provide services for those with a disability or mental illness
- Mobile phone with internet access
- The right to work in Australia
- Able to provide 100 points of ID
Other Desirable Criteria:
- Mental Health First Aid
- Suicidal Awareness Training
- Community main stream support experience
- PTSD/OCD experience
If you think you are the right candidate for the role, please contact me at email@example.com for further discussion.