If you’re reading this ad there’s a likelihood you are working within individuals with autism and/or developmental delays and are thinking about your long term career goals. Then this next 6 minutes could show you the way...
The provision of early intervention services has gone through a big change over the last couple of years, mainly due to an increase in the accessibility of behavioural support for children and their families through the roll-out of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). As such, there is an ever-increasing need for what we do.
The great news for you is that working at the Lizard Centre (part of the NEXTT Group) presents more excitement, fulfilment and opportunity for you..
We are growing faster than ever, and that means not only will you enter a working environment that is fired up and passionate; you’ll also immediately be part of a team that is committed and focused on one thing: improving the lives of children with ASD/developmental delay, helping them get more out of life.
We are currently on the lookout for Behaviour Analysts to join our team in our Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane or Adelaide centres as a Program Supervisor.
What does a Program Supervisor do?
Using your skills in Behavioural Analysis, you manage all aspects of a client ABA program, from the first consultation with the family, until the child becomes an independent learner or transitions to other services.
- Conducting the initial consultation.
- Administering & compiling assessment results.
- Writing progress reports.
- Parents training on the key components of Applied Behavioural Analysis (ABA),
- Conducting Functional Behaviour Assessments and the development of Behaviour Intervention Plans.
You ensure the highest levels of skill acquisition are reached by the child throughout the program by:
- Monitoring and problem solving learning difficulties through consultations, video review or real-time/remote observation of the teaching.
- Liaising with external agencies including childcare, schools and allied health professionals
- Developing and maintaining relationships with all members of our client teams - colleagues, professionals and families.
What makes us different from the other companies?
- Our Clinical Director is BCBA-D certified, providing top-tier leadership throughout the clinical group.
- You will work alongside talented Program Supervisors many of whom are Board Certified Behaviour Analysts (BCBA)®.
- As an ABA organisation we value research and evidence-based practices as critical to our clinical outcomes, and continue to engage actively in research, fulfilling the scientist-practitioner model.
- We train families to achieve therapy goals in the home and in the broader community.
- Nationally, we are a closely knit and energised professional community, providing a strong peer network as well as collaborating with the broader national and international profession.
- We value inclusion and collaboration as an integral part of a fulfilling working life.
- We provide strong career pathways and are committed to your professional growth and development.
- Innovation is part of our ethos. We work using a proprietary purpose-built digital platform for programming, data collection and analyses.
Why do you want to work at The Lizard Centre?
- You love having people around you who feel the same as you; vibrant, talented people who are ever-exploring new scientific methodologies, tactic and interventions.
- You love collaborating and being part of a team, for example, peer supervision sessions with those that share the same long-term objective for clients.
- The opportunity to continually develop your skills through professional development through conference attendance and in-house workshops/seminars.
- You can see that there is something very special happening at the Lizard Centre and you want to be part of it, add your unique energy, talent and skill, and make a positive difference in the lives of children with ASD/developmental delay and their families.
- The chance to accrue BCBA/BCaBA supervised independent fieldwork hours that will keep you at the top of industry standards of excellence in practice.
- And you can see that by committing to building excellence at the Lizard Centre and within yourself, that there is a rewarding future with enormous potential for career growth at Lizard.
Why we will want you to work at The Lizard Centre:
- You will have a Masters degree in Psychology, Education, or Applied Behaviour Analysis with certification as a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst® (or be working toward certification).
- You have a passion to work with children and/or young adults developing essential life skills.
- You have hands-on experience delivering and supervising ABA programs for children and young adults with ASD.
- You have experience conducting developmental behaviour assessments, including the VB-MAPP (Sunberg, 2008) EFL (McGreevy, 2018) and ABLLS-R (Partington, 2006).
- You can design and implement behaviour analytic teaching procedures, including:
- Discrete trial instruction.
- Incidental teaching.
- Task analysis.
- Experience with Precision Teaching is a plus!
- You have experience conducting functional assessments and design function-based behaviour support plans.
- You’ve had experience in supporting families with special teaching needs children.
- You easily work within a team environment and comply with the Professional and Ethical Compliance Code for Behaviour Analysts.
- You can demonstrate clear communications skills both written and verbal.
- You understand that we are all continuously learning, the field of ABA is dynamic and evolving and you’re open and willing to embrace this.
- You know how to get on with what needs to be done efficiently and effectively, to organise and prioritise tasks and work autonomously.
- You know how to laugh. You spend plenty of time at work, so you make it fun…and rewarding.
IS IT TIME FOR A CHANGE?
We understand that a Behaviour Analyst/Program Supervisor job is demanding and that collaboration and supervision is key to success in this role.
We provide an environment in which you can ask for guidance, bounce ideas off, seek a new perspective. There is a team in your corner with a leader who is an expert, is pragmatic and empathetic. They are there when you need them.
We expect you to ask lots of questions, ranging from practical to aspirational, to see if working in our company is the right fit for you. And we are happy to answer any and/or all of your questions; but we wanted to take a moment to give you a feel for the we are, why we are and what motivates us as an organisation. So contact Lani Gair on email@example.com for a confidential conversation.
The salary range is $70,000 - $90,000, depending on your experience and qualifications. Lizard are committed to your ongoing professional development and provide a comprehensive professional development package in addition to your salary* Details provided upon interview