Nextt is a dynamic organisation providing exceptional quality care and support to a large number of clients located across Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia.
We are currently seeking an experienced Customer Relations Officer in our Toronto office.
This is a challenging and rewarding role for the right candidate.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
As the Customer Relations Officer your position will encompass the following
- Onboarding & maintaining Nextt clients
- Facilitating exceptional customer experience and engagement, and achievement of client goals
- Building relationships with clients, their families and external providers
- Assisting clients to maximise the benefits of their NDIS package in an acceptable timeframe
- Liase with clients and third parties to resolve plan related issues
- Capture and maintain client information across various management systems
- Critical incident reporting
- Implementation and monitoring of internal policies and procedures
- Compliance management
- Supporting the regional management team with the implementation of strategic and business planning
- Provide leadership that embraces a people management culture that is underpinned by EEO, human rights,
whilst building employee resilience & inclusion
- Understanding their Duty of Care responsibilities towards clients and employees and the legal framework that Nextt operates in.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE
- Experience working with people with a disability
- Customer service within the NDIS framework
- Knowledge (or lived experience) of specific disability types including (but not limited to) Mental Health, cognitive disability, intellectual disability, Autism
- Capacity to problem solve
- Exceptional time management
- Experienced complaints management
Tertiary qualifications in human service related field
- Be part of an organisation that makes a difference
- Great location, working with a great team of people
- Benefits package
- Competitive salary
Please tell us why you are the best person to take up this opportunity.
For further information, call Kelly Newett on (02) 40415309.