Lizard Children's Centre, a wholly owned subsidiary of AAA Nextt Group Pty Ltd. is one of Australia's leading providers of evidence-based teaching intervention for young children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and related developmental delays. Currently there are exciting opportunities for Special Needs Teacher/Program Supervisors to work with our professional teams in our Adelaide, Sydney, Queensland and Melbourne Centres.
If you have special needs teaching experience with supervision/management of intensive home, in school and centre based ABA programs for children with autism and have a BCBA, BCaBA or substantially advanced towards these qualifications, we would love to hear from you
You will have sound knowledge of typical child and young adult development, possess strong communication skills with the ability to work with a team, relate professionally and be supportive with families of our clients. Experience teaching in a variety of different facilities is advantageous.
In this role you will be responsible for conducting all aspects of a child's / young person's life skills teaching program from the initial family consultation until the client completes the Lizard developmental teaching program. This includes conducting the initial consultation, compiling the assessment results, writing progress reports, teaching families in behaviour management and other necessary skills to support their child with the teaching programs delivered in home.
It is the Program Supervisor's role to ensure high levels of skill acquisition throughout the program by monitoring and problem solving difficulties through meetings, video review or real time remote observation of the teaching. You will also liaise with external agencies including childcare, schools and allied health professionals to develop and maintain a positive and supportive relationship with the client's family during the program.
Salary range on offer is $70,000 - $90,000 dependent on experience and qualifications.
The successful candidate has:
- A Masters degree in Psychology, Education, or Applied Behaviour Analysis with certification as a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst (or working toward certification)
- A passion to work with and teach children and/or young adults life skills
- Hands-on experience delivering and supervising ABA programs for children and young adults with ASD
- Ability to conduct behaviour analytic assessments, including the VB MAPP and ABLLS
- Ability to design and implement behaviour analytic teaching procedures, including discrete trial instruction, incidental teaching, and task analysis. Additional experience with multiple exemplar instruction and precision teaching is a plus!
- Ability to conduct functional assessments and design function-based behaviour support plans
- Experience supporting families with special teaching needs
- Ability to work within a team environment and adhere to professional conduct standards
- Clear communication skills, particularly with family and ABA therapists
- A willingness and desire to learn and develop
- High level of autonomy and organisational skills
- A sense of humour is paramount!
Why Work for Lizard?
- The rewarding experience of changing the lives of children and their families
- The opportunity to work as part of a dynamic team of like-minded special needs teaching professionals
- The ability to develop your teaching skills by participating in monthly professional development workshops
- Opportunity to complete supervised independent fieldwork and/or receive BCBA/BCaBA supervision
- Opportunities to earn CEUs at no cost
- Opportunity to grow within our company and build a career
To apply for this position, please provide your details below.
Applications accepted for this position from 20th September 2019 and will close on Monday 21st October 2019.