Nextt is a dynamic Organisation providing exceptional quality care and support services to a large number of Clients located across Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia.
We have an exciting opportunity for studying allied health students who have a passion for providing excellent care to work with clients in the Lake Macquarie & Newcastle region.
As this role requires travel to the homes of our clients, you will need to live and be familiar with the local area.
We provide training and industry experience for allied health students. We are looking for someone whose passions lie with helping others.
This role would be sell suited to 1st-3rd year Speech Pathology/Occupational Therapy/ Physiotherapy students currently working towards their degree qualification.
This position will assist school aged children and young adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder, Developmental delays, intellectual disabilities and mental health disabilities to build functional living, community participation and communication skills by supporting them both in the home and in the community.
- Support clients with intellectual disabilities
- Implement a capacity building program under the instruction of an Allied Health Professionals
- Building communication and community participation skills
- Providing behavior support
The Ideal Applicant:
- Patient, mature and reliable
- Professional commitment to providing exceptional care
- Strong personality
- Energetic with the ability to build a rapport with a mix of personalities
- Working towards Health/Allied Health/Education discipline at University
- Experience in working with children and/or young adults with special needs
- Current Working with Children Check
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Clear National Police Check issued within the last 12 months
- Australian driver's licence, reliable registered vehicle with insurance and confident navigation skills highly desirable
- Mobile Smart phone and internet access
To apply for this role, please click on the relevant link below. Alternatively please send your cover letter and resume through to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Nextt Group of Companies values diversity and is an equal opportunity Employer.