People with an intellectual disability, Acquired Brain Injury or mental illness are receiving support from Nextt that enriches their lives, encourages wellness and builds independent living skills. Services are delivered in an inclusive and collaborative manner that brings satisfaction to both participant and support worker.
In other words, people supported by Nextt Get More Out of Life!
Come and work with us at Nextt………… and you will Get More Out of Life!
Nextt services are in high demand. We are experiencing rapid growth and we are seeking a quality House Leader to work with our participants and a team of qualified Disability Support Workers. You would be employed on a permanent full time basis to provide services in a house environment that is designed to guide people towards the achievement of individual goals and independence.
This role requires a high level of professionalism and resilience as well as highly effective communication, staff leadership & coaching skills, willingness to practically deliver client support and the ability to understand and observe boundaries.
Please consider this role if you have experience working with people with a disability and you are able to meet the requirements below.
- Daily running of supported accommodation house
- Microsoft office packages
- Using client/support worker database
- Collaboratively working with client families
- Managing and documenting behaviours of concern
- Writing reports, tracking client progress
- Meeting the requirements of different funding bodies
- Coordinating daily activities, staff and performance
- Mental health
- Conflict management
You also have:
- Certificate IV in Disability, Cert III Individual Support (Aged Care or Disability),. Other qualifications may also be considered.
- Have 'Assist with Medication" competency
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificate
- Australian drivers licence and your own reliable vehicle
- Mobile phone and internet access
- The right to work in Australia
This opportunity will suit you if you are passionate about supporting people in your community and are aligned with the Nextt values of acting with integrity, being creative, committed and responsive.
Nextt values diversity and is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer. Thank you for considering this opportunity. I look forward to reading your application,
Applications close 17th October, 2019
Please note that all appointments are subject to probity checks, including but not limited to DHS Disability Clearance, Working with Children and Police Checks.